One year ago, the Chicago AMA Board of Officers & Directors set out to achieve three things: bring Chicago marketing swagger, engage a community of CAMA fans, and roll out the red carpet for our members. I am proud to say that we are doing all three of those things!
When it comes to bringing Chicago marketing swagger, we are succeeding in our objective to become recognized as the association who is helping fuel a marketing rebirth here in Chicago. We have done a number of things to help bring the swagger:
- We effectively launched a new Chicago AMA identity and website to the Chicago marketing community that aligns with this persona.
- We formed strategic partnerships in the community and with the media this year. I am especially proud of the initiation of our CAMA Gives Back program as well as the launch of our partnership with our pro-bono PR agency.
- Our Up & Comers program for young professionals has really blossomed this year resulting in a Mentorship program, Launchpad meet-ups and Swaportunity workshop.
- BrandSmart 2014 was one of our best ever featuring some of the country’s most sought after marketing experts- resulting in sold-out attendance, high satisfaction results, and coming in with big financial success.
- We engaged CMOs throughout the year in our Sunrise Executive and Evening with Experts programs as well as with the launch of the CMO panel and video series.
- Our research on Chicago’s viewpoint of the outlook of marketing will be broadcast this year.
- With our Special Interest Groups, we created a SIG Leadership Team and toolkits, hosted Leadership Summits and reconfigured our overall SIG strategy into one that will lead us into continued success in the future to only heighten our reputation as the association fueling a marketing rebirth.
When we sought out to engage a community of CAMA fans, our plans called for strategies that helped us boost communications efforts amongst our board, with volunteers, with members, prospective members, SIGS and sponsors. We have made great strides with all parties. I am very proud of the introduction of our weekly board communications, monthly volunteer communications, complete revamp our of CRM list management system & processes, and personal phone call outreach to all new chapter members amongst many others. Our SIG engagement and social media engagement efforts also only continue to grow stronger.
We rolled out the red carpet for our members through the introduction of Connex- a free-to-members monthly networking event, our members only lounges at our two conferences – Momentum and BrandSmart, members-only experiences like our breakfast with the CMO of Cabot during BrandSmart and red-carpet themed members and VIP-only Brand Launch Party. We also conducted research on lost members to understand why they have left our chapter. This information helped serve as an impetus for our member engagement strategies and decision to partner with AMA International on a pilot program aimed at continued retention of new members.
Lastly, we had a goal to decrease costs through sponsorships, increase revenue and reinvest excess dollars into a strategic initiative that benefits CAMA members. We had the privilege to do this following last programming year- which resulted in the formulation of our member scholarship program. And I am proud to say that due to this year’s financial success, we will have the opportunity to once again reinvest in our members and in our chapter.
None of this would have been possible without our wonderful board members, volunteers and participation from Chicago AMA members and the Chicago marketing community. Thank you for making this year a success!
Click here or view below to watch a special congratulatory video message to the 2013-14 Chicago AMA board members and volunteers.
Chicago AMA 2013-14 President
Tara was recently named Chief Marketing Office at Sikich LLP, a leading accounting, advisory, investment banking, technology and managed services firm that ranks as one of the country’s Top 35 Certified Public Accounting firms and is among the top 1% of all enterprise resource planning solution partners in the world.